Nominees announced for IR Magazine Awards – Greater China 2018
Anta Sports Products boasts seven nominations among the companies short-listed for this year’s IR Magazine Awards – Greater China, as the full short lists appear ahead of the ceremony on November 30 in Hong Kong.
IR Magazine will present 30 awards on the night, recognizing the region’s best and brightest in the IR profession. The ceremony will be held at the Conrad Hotel in Hong Kong.
At last year’s event, Anta Sports Products took home the award for best use of multimedia for IR. The firm has shown resourcefulness in using live video webcasts of IR events, mini-sites, video infographics and even contact via messaging service WeChat to boost its profile and overcome geographic limitations across Greater China and the US.
China Resources Beer and China Telecom have both secured six nominations this year, while PetroChina Co and Tencent Holdings have five each. China Resources Beer will be looking to repeat its 2017 success, when it won the gong for best overall investor relations and its IRO, Vincent Tse, won the best large-cap IRO award.
This year’s nominees for the rising star award are Timothy Ross of BOC Aviation, Kenneth Ke of China New Higher Education, Sandra Huang of KWG Property Holding, Danielle Lin of NetDragon and Eva Lau from Shimao Property Holdings.
This year, the IR Magazine Awards – Greater China have 8 awards-by-nomination categories, allowing companies to submit their own nominations or recognize their peers. These categories are:
– Best crisis management
– Best ESG communications
– Best financial reporting (large cap and small to mid-cap)
– Best investor event (large cap and small to mid-cap)
– Best IR during a corporate transaction
– Best IR website
– Best use of multimedia for IR
– Rising star.
Entries in these awards-by-nomination categories will be reviewed by our judging panel (who are not eligible to nominate themselves), while the other 20 categories were researched by an independent research company. The judges of the awards-by-nomination categories are:
- Laurie Havelock, editor-in-chief, IR Magazine
- Frantz Moudoute, portfolio manager, Matchpoint Investment Management
- Elizabeth Sun, senior director, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company
- Simon Weston, senior fund manager, AXA Investment Management
- Harold Woo, president, Investor Relations Professionals Association (Singapore)
For the full short lists, please click here.
Click here to find out more about the IR Magazine Awards – Greater China 2018 or to book a seat.