The IR community in North America welcomes another change at the top this month with the appointment of Adam Borgatti as the new chair of CIRI’s national board of directors.
Borgatti is the senior vice president of corporate development and IR at the infrastructure company Aecon Group. He was appointed chair for a two-year term at the annual meeting of the Canadian IR association last week. Nathalie Megann, IR and corporate affairs vice president at Chorus Aviation, was appointed past chair for a one-year term.
The CIRI announcement followed the official appointment of Matt Brusch as the new president and CEO of NIRI, south of the border, earlier this month.
Borgatti says in a statement he is ‘very excited’ to be taking on the role of chair. ‘With the support of Nathalie and the rest of this talented and diverse board, I look forward to contributing to CIRI’s strategic direction, continuing to raise the awareness of investor relations in Canada and further promoting CIRI’s mandate to contribute to the transparency and integrity of the Canadian capital market,’ he says.
Megann adds that Borgatti’s blend of capital markets, investor relations and corporate development experience will be beneficial as CIRI responds to the evolving needs of IROs. ‘His expertise coupled with his strong leadership skills will serve CIRI well as we continue to advance the stature of the profession,’ she says.
At Aecon, Borgatti leads IR, corporate affairs, corporate communications and marketing. He supports the leadership team with the development of long-term business plans, evaluating strategic initiatives and the assessment and execution of Aecon’s acquisition opportunities.
In addition to Borgatti and Megann, CIRI elected as directors:
– Janet Craig, founding partner of Endeavour IR
– Alison Dwoskin, IR director at Arizona Sonoran Copper Company
– David Frost, partner at McCarthy Tétrault
– Laurie Gaborit, vice president of IR at Doré Copper Mining Corp
– Lisa Greatrix, director at Neighbourly Pharmacy
– Marc Lepage, business development vice president at GFG Resources
– Yvette Lokker, president and CEO of CIRI
– Meghan MacNicol, corporate access director at TD Securities
– Claire Mahaney Lyon, principal of Real Asset Strategies
– Ashley Nuell, vice president of IR & stakeholder communications at Westport Fuel Systems
– Stacey Pavlova, vice president of IR & communications at Faraday Copper Corp
– Quentin Weber, IR senior adviser at WSP Global.