The ever-changing corporate landscape is making the AGM season a more uncertain time.
In the UK, proxy adviser influence increased significantly, by 3.3% of the issued share capital of the average FTSE Company in just one year. More directors were held to account with higher votes against Remuneration Committee members. Investors became more courageous, voting against large salary increases, high pensions, egregious recruitment packages and LTIPs with adjustments to in-flight targets for share price falls.
To help you prepare for 2020, the key themes therefore focussed on in this report are:
- Regulatory Impacts What new and updated regulation do you need to be aware of and how can you prepare?
- Executive Compensation What are the proxy adviser and investor trends to be aware of when developing your remuneration policy?
- Environmental, Social and Governance Issues Why is sustainability continuing to grow in importance and what are the opportunities and risks?
- Board Accountability Where are shareholders and proxy firms likely to place pressure on boards?
- Shareholder Activism What can 2019 tell us about how likely a shareholder spring is in 2020, and how can you prevent activism at your own AGM?
Please complete the form below with the information requested. Once you have filled in the form, you will receive or be taken to the white paper.
We need this information so that we can make the report available to you, and so that we and Equiniti can keep you updated via email and telephone of our products and services.
You may choose to unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any email communication from IR Magazine or Equiniti.
FAST TRACK DOWNLOADING REPORTS
Log in to your IR Magazine account to auto-complete the form below and save time!
Not got an IR Magazine account? Register free here to speed up downloading our reports >>