Mifid II report now available
The latest report from IR Magazine examines the impact that Mifid II regulation has had on investor relations since its introduction in January 2018. Based on interviews with 79 members of the IR Magazine research panel, data is broken down by region, cap size and overall impression of Mifid II.
The report looks at how IROs view Mifid II in general and relates this to how it has affected aspects of IROs’ workload in particular. It also examines the impact Mifid II has upon corporate access and the quality of analyst research, as well as identifying the key benefits and challenges the regulation has brought to the global IR community.
- Half of IROs have an overall negative view of the impact of Mifid II, while just 14 percent have a positive impression.
- More than a third of IR practitioners have changed their approach to corporate access as a result of Mifid II.
- Nearly a third have seen a decrease in the number of investor meetings.
- More than a third of IROs have seen a decrease in the number of analysts covering their company.
- More than half of IROs have increased their direct targeting of investors.
- A majority of IROs have seen an increase in direct inquiries from larger investors.
- More than a fifth of IROs have seen a decrease in their use of brokers for roadshows.
- IROs are having to work harder since the introduction of Mifid II, with 43 percent having seen an increase in their general workload and none having seen a decrease.