IR Magazine announces winners of Small Cap Awards
Investor relations at small and micro-cap companies is distinct from larger public companies. The teams and budgets are often smaller, while there are unique challenges around gaining analyst coverage, as the several speakers at yesterday’s IR Magazine Forum – Small Cap US discussed.
For the third year, IR Magazine recognized the best and brightest in small and micro-cap investor relations. The winners, as revealed in a presentation at the OTC Markets offices in New York City, are:
- Best investor engagement – Hanger
- Best investor relations by a micro-cap company – NAPCO Securities Technologies
- Best investor relations by a small-cap company – Safehold
- Best investor relations by an OTC-traded company – ReproMed Systems
The awards were presented by Joseph Oltmanns, senior vice president of domestic corporate services at OTC Markets.
How the winners were selected
IR Magazine received a record number of submissions for these awards, with companies nominating themselves or being nominated by service providers, clients and peers. The IR Magazine editorial team reviewed the nominations and produced the short list, which was announced last month.
The short-listed entries were then shared with an independent judging panel. This year’s judges were:
- Alexandra Deignan, head of investor relations at Lazard
- Carol DiRaimo, former chief IR and corporate communications officer at Jack in the Box
- Sri Maddipati, vice president of investor relations and treasury at CMS Energy.