ARC Resources is a heavyweight of the IR Magazine Awards – Canada, winning five awards in 2020, two in 2019 and six in 2018. But Kris Bibby, senior vice president and chief financial officer, says that ‘change in 2020 was quite drastic – we had a CEO and CFO transition and a very active capital market program’. Indeed, Van Dafoe retired in February 2020 and was succeeded by Bibby as the company’s CFO, while Myron Stadnyk retired in April 2020, giving the IR team plenty to work on outside of the response to the pandemic. ‘Throughout all of these changes, we knew one of the key things we needed to keep doing was communicate with shareholders and staff,’ Bibby says.
And as if that wasn’t enough, the company also published it’s first ESG report in 2020. Bibby says the IR team decided to launch it with a webcast. ‘We had excellent attendance from a broad range of investors and it generated a lot of follow-on calls,’ he adds.
At the IR Magazine Awards – Canada 2020, ARC Resources won:
- Best overall investor relations (mid-cap)
- Best investor relations officer (small to mid-cap) – Kris Bibby
- Best IR by a senior management team (small to mid-cap) – Myron Stadnyk (CEO) and Van Dafoe (CFO)
- Best in sector: energy (mid-cap)
- Best use of technology and social media for IR (award by nomination).