Webinar – Proxy season 2020 and corporate governance: What are the lessons for next year?
In partnership with
Wednesday, September 30, 2020
8.00 am PT / 11.00 am ET / 4.00 pm BST / 5.00 pm CET
Duration: 45 minutes
The 2020 proxy season was unlike any previous year’s as governance teams carried out shareholder engagement via Zoom, helped their company switch to new formats for their AGM and prepared their board to respond to new questions at those virtual meetings. With many key issues still in flux, it is important to appraise how the season played put, see what lessons can be learned – and find out what to expect in the upcoming 2021 season.
Our panel of experts will discuss important findings in the recently released 2020 Annual Corporate Governance Review from Georgeson and Proxy Insight. Speakers will also look ahead to issues likely to be areas of focus for corporate secretaries and their colleagues in the coming year.
Topics for discussion include:
• What were the important trends in voting at AGMs this year and did the pandemic and virtual AGM format have an effect?
• What does the increasing number of E&S proposals approved this year teach us?
• Which governance issues are of most concern to investors right now?
• How was shareholder engagement affected by the pandemic and what lessons can governance teams learn from the experience?
• How are issues such as diversity and inclusion, health and safety and other human capital issues likely to influence proxy season 2021 in terms of shareholder proposals, voting and companies’ disclosures?
Short, sharp and packed with expert insight, this webinar will get you up to speed on these critical issues in just 45 minutes. Sign up to BrightTALK to view this essential briefing and be informed of future webinars produced by IR Magazine.
|Holders of the NIRI IRC® credential can earn 1 professional development unit (PDU) per webinar. IRC-credentialed speakers may also earn PDUs. More information is available at www.niri.org/certification|