IR Magazine has released a new report examining how the quality of IR is measured. The report looks at which factors are important in measuring the success of IR, how companies obtain feedback from investors on their IR program and the importance of IR to senior management.
The report is based on responses to the IR Magazine Global IRO Survey conducted in Q3 2022.
- The most important factor for IR teams in measuring the quality of their company’s investor relations is their success in investor meetings and events.
- More than *** in 10 Asian IROs rate investment community feedback as very important in measuring IR.
- Mid-cap and mega-cap IROs place greater importance on feedback from both investors and senior management than do small or large-cap IROs.
- Approaching *** in 10 IROs say they rely a lot on informal discussions with investors when evaluating IR performance.
- A substantial majority of IROs think senior management at their company views IR as very important.
- More than *** of IROs say their senior management’s view of IR has changed as a result of Covid-19, with *** percent seeing no change.
- *** of IROs say the way they evaluate IR success has changed as a result of the pandemic, while *** percent measure success in the same manner they did before.
- A majority of IROs believe the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic has increased the importance of ESG in their evaluation of IR, with 15 percent viewing it as much more important.
For more key findings and the full report, please subscribe.
This report is available only to IR Advanced and IR Intel subscribers to IR Magazine.
If you are an IR Advanced or IR Intel subscriber:
If you are an IR Essential subscriber or not yet a subscriber view a sample here:
If you have any questions or need help with your subscription, please contact our subscriptions expert Philip Brooks on +44 20 8004 5337 or by email here.