IR Magazine has released its latest report investigating the changing face of investor events. The report examines investor conferences, investor days, site visits and roadshows and how these events have transitioned back to an in-person format from the purely virtual events held at the height of Covid-19. The report also looks at how investors rate both the in-person and virtual formats of each of these events and concludes by identifying where resources should be dedicated for future events.
Findings are based on the IR Magazine Global IR Surveys conducted from Q3 2022 to Q1 2023, as well as the IR Magazine Global Investor Survey conducted in Q4 2022. Data in the report is broken down by region and company size, as well as into separate findings for IROs and investors.
- *** are the most common event for IROs to participate in for both in-person and virtual formats.
- More IROs attended in-person than virtual formats for every style of investor event in H2 2022.
- Investors attended *** virtual roadshows and nearly *** of virtual investor conferences as they did in-person events in 2022.
- With the exception of mega-cap firms, companies in every region and of all company sizes went on more in-person roadshows in H2 2022 than they did for the whole of the previous year.
- Small-cap companies hosted *** in-person site visits in the last six months of 2022 as they did for the whole of 2021.
- Asian companies held considerably more investor days, both virtual and in person, than their North American and European counterparts.
- There is a notably higher appreciation among IROs for in-person over virtual investor events.
- Overall satisfaction for in-person events is lower among investors than it is among IROs.
- Most IROs expect the majority of future investor events to be held in person.
- Investors think there will be more in-person than virtual events in the future, although not to the same extent IROs do.
- As many Asian IROs think there will be a roughly even mix of in-person and virtual conferences as think they will be mostly in person.
*** Access full key findings (page 3 of the introduction) and the full report >>
Click to read IR Magazine Research Report - Investor Events Report