The countdown has started for the IR Magazine Awards – US 2023 on March 30, with the best and brightest in investor relations now announced.
The nominees include such household names as American Airlines for best use of technology & social media for IR, Ford Motor Company for best IR website and T-Mobile US for best ESG reporting (large cap) and best IR in the communications sector.
Other notable nominees for the night include The Coca-Cola Company, ExxonMobil, General Electric and Starbucks.
The awards are split into two sections. The awards-by-research categories are decided by a survey of portfolio managers, buy-side analysts and sell-side analysts who cover US companies. They select the winners for best overall IR, best IRO, best IR by a senior management team and best in sector.
The awards-by-nomination categories cover a range of IR practice areas, such as annual reports, ESG reporting, investor meetings, technology and crisis management. Companies are able to submit entries for the different awards, with the winners chosen by a panel of expert judges.
This year, the panel of judges features:
- James Beech, editor-in-chief, IR Magazine
- Matthew Brusch, president and CEO, NIRI
- Sally Curley, founder and CEO, Curley Global IR
- William Galligan, former vice president of investor relations, Kansas City Southern
- Carol Murray-Negron, president, Equanimity
- Thaddeus Pollock, head of sustainability and partner/portfolio manager, Cramer Rosenthal McGlynn
- Maureen Wolff, CEO, Sharon Merrill Associates