Hon Hai Precision Industry Co won the best IR website award in Greater China last year, while SM Investments Corporation took the trophy at the South East Asia event.
William Tsang head of research, Chartwell Capital and judge for the IR Magazine Awards – Greater China 2021
‘I look for a few things when judging this category:
- The contents of the website: does it contain enough information for anyone to learn what the company is and what it does?
- Ease of navigation: this one is quite subjective but different stakeholders should be able to access and locate what they need easily
- IR contact details: here I expect to find IR contact information, newsletter subscription options, the corporate presentation – which is different from annual reports and/or official earnings announcements
- A short corporate video would be great
- Desktop, tablet and mobile-friendly versions that all work seamlessly
- Past investor events, upcoming investor events and the option for investors to register for these via the website
- Design: it is always a bonus when the design complements the business or the sector the company is in.’
This year, the as-yet undecided judging panel will choose the best in IR from across eight categories at each event:
- Best annual report
- Best crisis management
- Best ESG materiality reporting
- Best investor event
- Best IR during a corporate transaction
- Best IR website
- Best use of multimedia for IR
- Rising star.