2019 Annual Corporate Governance Review
Shareholder interest in ESG issues continued to impact annual meetings in the 2019 proxy season, according to Georgeson’s 2019 Annual Corporate Governance Review, with new E&S shareholder proposals emerging. There was additional focus in the 2019 proxy season on human capital management issues including sexual harassment prevention, gender pay gap reporting and diversity at all levels.
Other topics covered in this report:
- Arjuna Capital’s gender pay gap efforts in 2019, including proposals asking companies to disclose unadjusted pay gap data and greater support for pay gap-related proposals
- An increase in lobbying and political contributions that received majority shareholder support
- Growing investor vote support for key E&S shareholder proposals
- Continued and high-level support for say-on-pay proposals in 2019, with 91% of votes at both S&P 500 and S&P 1500 being cast in favor
- A decrease in overall support for director elections from large investors, including BlackRock and Vanguard
This report was produced in collaboration with Proxy Insight.
Please complete the form below with the information requested. Once you have filled in the form, you will receive or be taken to the white paper.
We need this information so that we can make the report available to you, and so that we and Computershare | Georgeson can keep you updated via email and telephone of our products and services.
You may choose to unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any email communication from IR Magazine or Computershare | Georgeson.
FAST TRACK DOWNLOADING REPORTS
Log in to your IR Magazine account to auto-complete the form below and save time!
Not got an IR Magazine account? Register free here to speed up downloading our reports >>