Webinar – Protecting against Covid-19-related legal and compliance risks
In partnership with
Wednesday, October 21, 2020
8.00 am PT / 11.00 am ET / 4.00 pm BST / 5.00 pm CET
Duration: 45 minutes
The Covid-19 panic doesn’t just present a danger to people’s health. It also poses an array of potential legal and compliance risks for companies. These can arise from having employees working remotely and then returning to the workplace, interactions with customers, employees’ families and other stakeholders, the attentions of activist investors and navigating a generally chaotic business environment.
In-house legal and compliance teams are having to make sure their companies avoid possible pitfalls, in many cases with limited or even reduced resources. Our panel of experts will explore the risks companies face and offer insight on how these can be addressed.
Questions for discussion will include:
- What legal liabilities and compliance risks do companies face as a result of employees working from home?
- How can teams mitigate these dangers and ensure a culture of compliance exists?
- What are the best uses of technology and other practices to assist legal and compliance teams while working remotely?
- How can teams meet the US Department of Justice’s pressure for compliance programs to be more data-driven at a time of limited resources and remote working?
- How do risks and liabilities – such as privacy and safety considerations – change as employees return to the office or other facilities?
- How might companies face legal action from activist investors or inquiries from regulators over their handling of the pandemic and related disclosures?
|Kari Endries, assistant secretary and managing counsel, Chevron Corporation|
|Natalie De La Cruz-Valdes, global head, managed services, Computershare Governance Services|
|Patrick Scott, deputy general counsel, corporate securities and mergers & acquisitions, HP|
Short, sharp and packed with expert insight, this webinar will get you up to speed on these critical issues in just 45 minutes. Sign up to BrightTALK to view this essential briefing and be informed of future webinars produced by IR Magazine.
|Holders of the NIRI IRC® credential can earn 1 professional development unit (PDU) per webinar. IRC-credentialed speakers may also earn PDUs. More information is available at www.niri.org/certification|