IR Magazine Webinar – Rise of passive investing: How technology and ETFs are changing dynamics for investors and IR
Thursday, April 4, 2019
8.00 am PDT / 11.00 am EDT / 4.00 pm BST / 5.00 pm CET
Duration: 30 minutes
The rise of passive investing has been one of the defining themes of asset management over the past decade. While this significant shift from active to passive investment has sparked wide-ranging research and commentary about its effects on the wider economy, it is time to assess how IR teams globally can have any impact on the decision-making process of a passive investor.
This webinar aims to explore how these index-based investors make decisions, how they perceive a company’s equity story and how an IR team can stand out in an increasingly data-driven world.
We will also explore the need for greater disclosure around corporate governance policy, board structure and sustainability policy in order to be included in indexes.
This webinar will look at:
- Understanding passive investment behavior: The decision-making process and impact on your stock
- Importance of ESG: Engaging passive funds through governance channels to drive shareholder value and prevent activist situations
- Resource check: Evaluating return on time invested in proactively targeting passive investors. How does this change how you work with active fund managers?
- Stock up your toolkit: What skill-set should you be looking to add to your team to get proactive with passive?
- Understanding the original thesis behind an index and understanding why your stock is, or isn’t, included in it: How might business decisions affect a company’s inclusion in an ETF?
Short, sharp and packed with expert insight, this webinar will get you up to speed on these critical issues in just 30 minutes. Sign up to BrightTALK to view this essential briefing and be informed of future webinars produced by IR Magazine.
Holders of the NIRI IRC® credential can earn 1 professional development unit (PDU) per webinar. IRC-credentialed speakers may also earn PDUs. More information is available at www.niri.org/certification