ESG practices, disclosures and strategies have been the subject of hot debate in recent months, with new regulations enforced in the UK and Europe and new proposals put forward by regulators.
Recent international events such as COP27 in Egypt, which will conclude this week, have also highlighted that companies around the world are more or less on track to miss their net-zero and decarbonization targets. And while progress has been made over the past year, ESG challenges undoubtedly persist.
Leading IR, sustainability and governance professionals will gather in London next week to share their insights and expertise on ESG issues facing UK and European companies. Those include shifting shareholder priorities, new ESG regulations, the challenges of ESG data collection, getting all stakeholders on track with the company’s ESG strategy and delivering an impactful story to the investor community.
The event includes a review of the 2022 proxy season casting an eye on the ESG proposals that gained the most momentum this year and how recent economic challenges impact ESG priorities and shareholder expectations.
Always looking to cover new areas, this year’s event will bring discussions around decarbonization, biodiversity and wider nature-related risks and opportunities, and offer practical advice on how companies can integrate them into decision-making.
Panelists will engage in discussions around the skills required within companies for effective oversight of ESG processes and look at how businesses can build board leadership on ESG issues.
Sharing their insight on these and other topics will be speakers from IR roles and in-house governance at organizations such as Intesa Sanpaolo, Morrow Sodali, Schroders, AXA Group, BlackRock and Robeco.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to engage in roundtable discussions with their peers to exchange ideas and advice around a wide range of topics. These include how to manage and monitor ESG-related progress effectively within a company, how to start the ESG journey, how to manage human capital in 2023, and more.
The top speakers confirmed to join us at the IR Magazine ESG Integration Forum – Europe are:
- Richard Adams, senior investment director, American Century Investments
- Seb Beloe, partner and head of research, WHEB Asset Management
- Charles Chalky, investor relations & ESG senior manager, Hays
- Stephanie Chang, head of ESG integration, Schroders
- Tish Crawford-Jones, investor relations director, Q4
- Juliette Faure, vice president for sustainable investing, BlackRock
- Derek Harding, CFO, Spectris
- Bénédicte Hautefort, co-founder and CEO, Scalens
- Lili Huang. head of investor relations, discoverIE Group
- Rick Lacaille, global head of ESG, State Street
- Liana Logiurato, non-executive director, Intesa Sanpaolo
- Renata Pollini, head of nature at Holcim and member of the Taskforce on Nature-related Financial Disclosures
- Nick Spooner, climate engagement specialist, Robeco
- Sarah Woodfield, active ownership manager, Schroders.