Winners of the IR Magazine Awards – Greater China 2019 announced
China Resources Beer and Far East Consortium International led the pack at the IR Magazine Awards – Greater China 2019, taking home four awards each.
China Resources Beer won awards for best overall investor relations (large cap), best in region (China), best in sector (consumer), and Vincent Tse took home the best investor relations officer (large cap) award.
Far East Consortium International won for best overall investor relations (small to mid-cap), best in region (Hong Kong) and best in sector (financials – including real estate). Venus Zhao won best investor relations officer (small to mid-cap). She now works at Sinic Holdings.
BizLink Holding, China Unicom and CLP Holdings took home two awards each.
Awards were presented in 25 categories during the presentation that took place at the Conrad Hotel in Hong Kong. The first 13 award winners were identified via a survey of the investment community in the Greater China region. In the other 12 categories, companies were able to nominate themselves. Their nominations were then passed on to an independent judging panel, which selected the winners. This year’s judges were:
- Laurie Havelock, editor-at-large, IR Magazine
- Paul Milon, sustainability and ESG integration specialist for Asia-Pacific, BNP Paribas Asset Management
- Elizabeth Sun, senior director, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company
- William Tsang, head of research, Chartwell Capital
- Gabriel Wilson-Otto, head of stewardship for Asia-Pacific, BNP Paribas Asset Management
- Harold Woo, president, Investor Relations Professionals Association (Singapore)
The awards were presented during a packed half-day forum. Speakers addressed trends in IR communication, the role of IR during a crisis, the future of capital markets and best practices in sustainability reporting.