Top tips from IR Magazine Think Tank
At the IR Magazine Think Tank – UK & Ireland, held in London in November, many issues were discussed, with some of the thoughts condensed into a list of top tips offered at the end of the day. Many of these focused on the challenge of Mifid II, a timely subject given its launch this week.
Here are the tips for readers to ponder:
- It’s time to take control and benefit from bringing services in-house
- Small and mid-caps will have to work harder in the Mifid II environment
- Sell-side research could be due a long-term shake-up
- You need to prepare for more liaising with the buy side. Start now
- Technology solutions are important – but they are just an enabler to get what you want
- Disciplined tracking and updating data – choosing the right CRM is important, but how you use it is what really matters
- Time is precious so IROs need to be more selective about who they spend their time with in 2018
- Innovation doesn’t have to be futuristic. One of the most impactful channels can be as simple as emailing a newsletter round-up
- Test your website for intuitivism. Would a child be able to find your documents? He or she should
- Think about data – what are you making available and how will it be used by your constituents? How can it best help you?
- Preparedness, response and recovery – take the right approach to crisis communications
- Look to your friends – don’t forget to use internal and external resources effectively in your work.