Short lists announced for IR Magazine Awards – Brazil 2019
The short lists for the IR Magazine Awards – Brazil 2019 have been announced, with Localiza receiving four nominations and Banco Inter, Camil Alimentos, SulAmérica, Tegma Gestão Logistica and WEG all receiving three nominations each.
Awards will be presented in 12 categories this year, including gongs for best investor relations, best investor relations officer and best investor relations by a CEO or CFO – all of which are split into small, mid and large-cap categories.
Three further awards will be presented for best investor meetings, best use of technology & social media and best ESG reporting, with the latter being a new category for the Brazil Awards.
Nominations were open earlier this year and closed in late September. These were then passed on to an independent judging panel, which selected the companies to be short-listed and the ultimate winners.
The judges this year are:
- Fabio Alperowitch, founder at FAMA Investments
- Bruce Barbosa, founding partner at Nord Research
- Sérgio Goldman, partner at Value Creator
- Fabiane Goldstein, founding partner at InspIR
- Felipe Hirai, partner and portfolio manager at Dahlia Capital
- Javier Martinez de Olcoz, managing director, Morgan Stanley Research
- Marcelo Mesquita, founding partner and co-fund manager at Leblon Equities
- Adeodato Netto, chief strategist at Eleven
- José Roberto Pacheco, director of strategic planning and IRO at OdontoPrev
- Iram Siqueira, co-founder of Ãmago Capital.
The event will take place in São Paulo on November 12. Before the award ceremony, a panel of industry experts will discuss the political and socioeconomic outlook for companies in Brazil.