Localiza wins big at the IR Magazine Awards – Brazil
The investor relations community gathered in São Paulo yesterday to recognize outstanding achievements in the profession at the IR Magazine Awards – Brazil 2019.
Localiza was the biggest winner, taking home four trophies, including a clean sweep of the large-cap categories. In total, the company won for best investor relations, best investor relations officer, (presented to Nora Lanari, director of IR), best investor relations by a CEO or CFO (presented to Mauricio Fernandes Teixeira, the company’s CFO) and best investor meetings.
Azul was the next-highest winner, scooping awards for best investor relations by a CEO or CFO (mid-cap) – awarded to John Rodgerson, the company’s CEO – and best use of technology & social media.
Awards were presented in 12 categories in total. For a full list of nominees, please click here.
Nominations were open earlier this year and closed in late September. These were then passed to an independent judging panel, which selected the companies to be short-listed and the ultimate winners.
The judges this year were:
- Fabio Alperowitch, founder, FAMA Investments
- Bruce Barbosa, founding partner, Nord Research
- Sérgio Goldman, partner, Value Creator
- Fabiane Goldstein, founding partner, InspIR
- Felipe Hirai, partner and portfolio manager, Dahlia Capital
- Javier Martinez de Olcoz, managing director, Morgan Stanley Research
- Marcelo Mesquita, founding partner and co-fund manager, Leblon Equities
- Adeodato Netto, chief strategist, Eleven Financial Research
- José Roberto Pacheco, director of strategic planning and IR, OdontoPrev
- Iram Siqueira, co-founder, Ãmago Capital.