IR Magazine has released a new report highlighting the challenges IR teams have faced in 2022, what they consider the key challenges will be for 2023 and what goals they have set for the coming year. Findings are based on research from the IR Magazine Global IR Survey conducted in Q4 2022 and Q1 2023.
This report analyzes the challenges faced by categorizing them as internal corporate-related issues, external market-related issues and other issues such as ESG and macroeconomics. Subsequent data is then broken down by region, cap size and sector.
- There has been a notable reduction in the emphasis on capital markets-related challenges identified here compared with our pre-pandemic research in 2019/2020.
- Macroeconomic challenges account for *** of all mentions in 2022 and rise to *** of anticipated challenges in 2023.
- Macroeconomic challenges are less frequently mentioned by North American IROs for the last year than by IROs in other regions.
- IROs at smaller companies are more concerned with challenges relating to investors and the wider market.
- IROs in *** companies registered the most challenges relating to internal issues in 2022 and anticipate the most such challenges in 2023.
- IROs in the financials sector expect macroeconomic issues to become more of a concern in the year ahead.
- The most important objective for IROs in the year ahead is to target new investors.
- Enhancing engagement with existing shareholders is the next-most important objective, with *** percent of IROs making it their top priority and *** percent ranking it in their top three.
- Targeting new investors is clearly the top priority for North American IROs in 2023, while Asian IROs see enhancing engagement with existing shareholders as their primary goal.
- *** of mega-cap IROs include a rise in international share ownership in their top three objectives for 2023.
- Targeting new investors and enhancing engagement with existing shareholders are the top two objectives in every sector.
***subscribe to IR Essentials for full key findings and the full report. Contact Philip Brooks using the information below or click here.
This report is available only to IR Essentials, Advanced and IR Intel subscribers to IR Magazine.
If you are an IR Essentials, Advanced or IR Intel subscriber:
If you have any questions or need help with your subscription, please contact our subscriptions expert Philip Brooks on +44 20 8004 5337 or by email here.