Equiniti acquires investor relations consultancy RD:IR
Equiniti Group has continued to build out its corporate services offering with the acquisition of UK-based IR firm Richard Davies Investor Relations (RD:IR).
Founded in 2002, RD:IR offers a range of IR services such as shareholder analysis, IR consulting and CRM software. The purchase will provide Equiniti with a proprietary platform for offering IR and corporate governance services to its clients, says the company in a statement.
RD:IR’s management team, including its founder and managing director Richard Davies, will join the team at Equiniti.
The acquisition builds on previous moves by Equiniti to grow both its geographical footprint and service offering. Last year, the FTSE 250-listed company acquired Boudicca Proxy, a proxy solicitation firm, and in 2017 moved into the US market with a deal to buy Wells Fargo’s share registration business.
‘This acquisition is in line with our strategy of attracting businesses that will enhance our capabilities and the services we offer to clients,’ says Guy Wakeley, CEO of Equiniti, in the statement.
One of the best-known figures in the UK’s IR community, Davies was chair of the IR Society for two years, between 2009 and 2011, and a board member for 10 years.
‘Becoming part of an international group will allow us to step up investment in our platform and to share our expertise with an even wider range of clients,’ says Davies in the statement.
Join us at the IR Magazine Global Forum & Awards this October, where we’ll be joined by over 250 senior IR professionals from more than 30 countries. Learn how to shape the future of IR programs, recognize IR excellence and set global standards for shareholder communications. This year’s event includes:
- Two days packed with panel debates, case studies, interactive roundtable discussions and workshops
- Investors and analysts candidly sharing their views on good IR and working together in a post-Mifid world
- International heads of IR & CFOs sharing real-life examples of how IR programs have evolved in 2018-2019
- Dedicated networking time to learn from and build your global network of IR contacts
- The Global Top 50 presentation – IR Magazine’s definitive ranking of IR teams as determined by the investment community unveiled
Find out more and book your tickets here.