Enel leads the pack as Europe Awards short lists announced
The short lists for the IR Magazine Awards – Europe 2020 have been announced, with Italian energy company Enel gaining seven nominations.
Enel is nominated in the following categories: best overall investor relations (large cap), best investor relations officer (large cap) for Monica Girardi, best in sector – utilities, best ESG materiality reporting (large cap), best investor event (large cap), best IR during a corporate transaction and best use of multimedia for IR.
BASF and AstraZeneca follow closely behind with five nominations each, while adidas and Schneider Electric each have three nominations. Click here to view the full set of short lists.
The award ceremony will take place on October 1, having been postponed earlier this year due to the Covid-19 pandemic. The event will be held virtually, using an innovative new format that will also be deployed for the IR Magazine Awards in the US and Canada. Attendees will have an opportunity to hear from each of the award winners about why they won during the broadcast.
How the winners are selected
There are two different methodologies for the IR Magazine Awards – Europe 2020: awards by research and awards by nomination.
The nominees and winners in the researched categories are identified based on a survey of hundreds of analysts and investors. The research is conducted by an independent third party. This methodology applies to all of the best-in-sector awards, as well as the best investor relations officer and best overall investor relations categories. The full methodology will be published after the awards in IR Magazine’s Investor Perception Study – Europe.
The awards-by-nomination categories were introduced three years ago and allow companies to nominate themselves or be nominated by a third party. The nominees and short-listed companies are then selected by an independent judging panel. This methodology is used for the following categories: best annual report, best ESG materiality reporting, best investor event, best IR during a corporate transaction, best IR website, best use of multimedia for IR and rising star. The judges for this year are:
- Mike Allen, head of research, Zeus Capital
- Rosanna Burcheri, portfolio manager, Artemis Investment Management
- Heinrich Ey, co-CIO for European small caps, Allianz Global Investors
- Simon Gleadhill, corporate reporting and IFRS controller, Howden Joinery Group
- Gunhild Grieve, head of controlling and risk management, RWE
- Laurie Havelock, editor-at-large, IR Magazine
- Karl Mahler, head of investor relations, Roche
- Robert Rethy, head of investor relations, MOL Group
- Madeleine Szeluch, head of investor relations, UK Government
- Harry Stokes, head of investor relations, SEGRO
- Gervais Williams, head of equities, Premier Miton Investors.
Click here to find out more about the IR Magazine Awards – Europe 2020.