Sun Life Financial IRO moves into divisional CFO role
Greg Dilworth, who has served as Sun Life Financial’s vice president of investor relations since 2015, has taken on the role of vice president and CFO of group retirement services at the company.
In his new role, Dilworth is responsible for financial reporting, accounting and controls, tax, risk, valuation and oversight, he tells IR Magazine. The division he has moved to – Sun Life’s Canadian pension business – is the largest defined contribution plan in Canada, Dilworth confirms.
The move comes as part of a rotational cycle within Sun Life Financial’s finance team. Leigh Chalmers, senior vice president of investor relations, will run the IR function from here on.
Dilworth has worked for Sun Life Financial since 2002. During his tenure in the IR team, Sun Life Financial won the best use of technology award at the IR Magazine Awards – Canada 2017 and the award for best investor meetings last year.
In his new role, he reports into Kevin Strain, the company’s vice president and CFO.
Join us at the IR Magazine Global Forum & Awards this October, where we’ll be joined by over 250 senior IR professionals from more than 30 countries. Learn how to shape the future of IR programs, recognize IR excellence and set global standards for shareholder communications. This year’s event includes:
- Two days packed with panel debates, case studies, interactive roundtable discussions and workshops
- Investors and analysts candidly sharing their views on good IR and working together in a post-Mifid world
- International heads of IR & CFOs sharing real-life examples of how IR programs have evolved in 2018-2019
- Dedicated networking time to learn from and build your global network of IR contacts
- The Global Top 50 presentation – IR Magazine’s definitive ranking of IR teams as determined by the investment community unveiled
Find out more and book your tickets here.