Finnish retailer Kesko appoints new head of IR
Finnish retail conglomerate Kesko has appointed Hanna Jaakkola as its new vice president of IR, succeeding Kia Aejmelaeus, who has left the company.
Jaakkola is an experienced investor relations professional having previously held similar positions at the Helsinki-based construction company YIT and Nordic shopping center company Citycon.
Jaakkola says in a statement: ‘I am thrilled to be working at Kesko, a company I have previously used as a benchmark in many areas, including corporate responsibility and strategy reform. I hope my experience will help strengthen the team further.
‘I’m a salesperson at heart, and the best thing about investor relations is that I now get to sell Kesko and its story to shareholders and the capital markets.’
Jukka Erlund, Kesko’s chief financial officer, adds: ‘I want to warmly thank Kia for her strong contribution to developing Kesko’s investor relations and for her extensive co-operation with our stakeholders. I wish her all success with her future career.’
Kesko’s results were strong in the first half of the year with a good increase in net sales across the board and the firm’s grocery division outpacing the general grocery market in the region.
Join us at the IR Magazine Global Forum & Awards this October, where we’ll be joined by over 250 senior IR professionals from more than 30 countries. Learn how to shape the future of IR programs, recognize IR excellence and set global standards for shareholder communications. This year’s event includes:
- Two days packed with panel debates, case studies, interactive roundtable discussions and workshops
- Investors and analysts candidly sharing their views on good IR and working together in a post-Mifid world
- International heads of IR & CFOs sharing real-life examples of how IR programs have evolved in 2018-2019
- Dedicated networking time to learn from and build your global network of IR contacts
- The Global Top 50 presentation – IR Magazine’s definitive ranking of IR teams as determined by the investment community unveiled
Find out more and book your tickets here.