Comstock brings in new IR head following Covey takeover
Comstock Resources, the US energy company backed by Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, has brought in experienced sell-side analyst Ronald Mills as its vice president of finance and investor relations.
The appointment comes shortly after Comstock completed the $2.2 bn acquisition of Covey Park Energy. Mills now joins the newly formed management team – made up of executives from both companies – and will assist with corporate planning, M&A and IR, according to a statement by Comstock.
Prior to his move into IR, Mills worked for nearly 25 years at Johnson Rice & Company, the energy-focused boutique investment bank located in New Orleans, Louisiana. At the firm, he was a senior exploration and production research analyst covering small and mid-cap stocks.
‘With more than 20 years’ experience as a highly respected sell-side analyst covering our sector, Ron brings strong financial skills and institutional investor relationships as well as a deep understanding of the exploration and production industry,’ says Jay Allison, Comstock’s chairman and CEO, in the statement.
Following the Covey deal, Comstock is now the largest operator in Louisiana’s Haynesville basin, one of the US’ largest natural gas deposits. Jones provided $475 mn to fund the acquisition and now holds a 75 percent stake in the company. The billionaire businessman has owned the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys team since 1989.
Join us at the IR Magazine Global Forum & Awards this October, where we’ll be joined by over 250 senior IR professionals from more than 30 countries. Learn how to shape the future of IR programs, recognize IR excellence and set global standards for shareholder communications. This year’s event includes:
- Two days packed with panel debates, case studies, interactive roundtable discussions and workshops
- Investors and analysts candidly sharing their views on good IR and working together in a post-Mifid world
- International heads of IR & CFOs sharing real-life examples of how IR programs have evolved in 2018-2019
- Dedicated networking time to learn from and build your global network of IR contacts
- The Global Top 50 presentation – IR Magazine’s definitive ranking of IR teams as determined by the investment community unveiled
Find out more and book your tickets here.