Ørsted appoints new head of IR
Ørsted, the Danish offshore wind farm developer, has named Allan Andersen as its new head of investor relations.
Andersen, a long-time employee of Ørsted, most recently led treasury and risk management and was CFO of the customer solutions business, according to a statement from the company.
In his new position, Anderson will continue to lead treasury and risk management while taking on responsibility for two other areas: financial planning and analysis, and markets and investment support.
During his time at the company, he has served as head of IR once before, between 2012 and 2014.
Andersen takes over the IR role from Daniel Lerup, who has been appointed CFO of Ørsted Offshore, the company’s main business unit, which operates offshore wind farms in the US, Europe and Taiwan.
Ørsted was formerly known as DONG Energy (from an initialization of Danish Oil and Natural Gas), but the name was changed in 2017 after the company sold off its remaining fossil fuel assets.
The firm started as a Danish state-owned energy company and the state is still the majority shareholder, with a 50 percent holding.
Join us at the IR Magazine Global Forum & Awards this October, where we’ll be joined by over 250 senior IR professionals from more than 30 countries. Learn how to shape the future of IR programs, recognize IR excellence and set global standards for shareholder communications. This year’s event includes:
- Two days packed with panel debates, case studies, interactive roundtable discussions and workshops
- Investors and analysts candidly sharing their views on good IR and working together in a post-Mifid world
- International heads of IR & CFOs sharing real-life examples of how IR programs have evolved in 2018-2019
- Dedicated networking time to learn from and build your global network of IR contacts
- The Global Top 50 presentation – IR Magazine’s definitive ranking of IR teams as determined by the investment community unveiled
Find out more and book your tickets here.